Governmental entities are some of the most regulated organizations. In order to comply with the strict regulations and requirements, a governmental entity must engage with a financial services firm to ensure that their operations are in accordance with the laws set forth. Verdeja, De Armas & Trujillo, LLP boasts a resume well-suited to provide services to governmental organizations.
Our firm has served on many joint ventures with all the Big Four accounting firms including the audits of Jackson Memorial Hospital, The City of Miami Beach and the Miami-Dade County Aviation and Transportation Departments. We also have experience in preparing a Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the submission to the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA).
Verdeja, De Armas & Trujillo, LLP takes pride in its pool of knowledge from so many different organizations in the governmental sectors, and providing vast accounting and operations knowledge to share with its clients for improvement of their system. We believe that our resume in the South Florida region makes us the premier candidates to serve and improve these organizations. Based on our extensive experience in governmental auditing, we will be able to assist governmental organizations by providing guidance and implementing changes in governmental accounting standards, as well as provide best practices for similar organizations.
Specialized services we offer to governmental entities include the following:
- Federal Single Audit Act
- Florida Single Audit Act
- OMB Circular A-133, Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations
- Government Auditing Standards, (the Yellow Book)
- Rules of the Auditor General, State of Florida
- HUD Consolidated Audit Guide
Consulting and guidance offered in connection with the following:
- GASB 34, Financial Reporting Model implementation
- The Government Finance Officer’s Association Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting Program
- Technology and accounting system issues
- Bond issues and refunding and their reporting requirements
- Internal control studies
- Internal audit work, if outsourced